NBN Atlas Documentation and Help Portal
Here you can find some quick links to help get you started with registering for and using the NBN Atlas
Guidance on how to use the data on the NBN Atlas and some important definitions relating to use.
- General guidance for using data
- Definitions of data licences
- Breach of licence conditions
- Definition of commercial and non-commercial use
- Citation and Attribution
Information on how you can share your data with the NBN Atlas and guidance for doing so.
Read the comments or follow the links below to see if your query can be resolved. If you need further help contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My login doesn’t work – make sure that you are using your email address as your user ID
- I’ve forgotten my password – click the “forgotten password” link on the login page
- How can I support the NBN Atlas?
- Biological Recording and Data Protection – document relating to compliance with GDPR
Search the NBN Atlas
Follow the links below to set up species and location searches as well as more advanced search options.
- Search by species
- Search by location
- View species information on a map
- Find basic species information
- Use the advanced search function
- Invasive non-native species portal – guide and information
Follow the links below which will help you with downloading data and some of the considerations needed.
- Simple data download – to download data you must be logged into the NBN Atlas
- What about sensitive species?
- Data licences
The NBN Atlas is a powerful tool which will allow you to analyse data in many ways.
- Basic analytical functions – such as adding species, areas and layers to a map
- Compare species across two areas – In/Out Reports
- Help with analysing data
- Common map functions
There are different ways to incorporate data from the NBN Atlas into your own websites. The links below take you to the two main options.
There are a number of lists relating to the data that appear on the NBN Atlas. Follow the links below to the lists that we hold.